Yes, you will find a large left luggage facility itself at Amsterdam Central station. There are also a couple of alternative baggage storage places a short walk away from the station.
Amsterdam Central Station Left Luggage
Amsterdam Central station has automated left luggage lockers located in the eastern passageway near the front entrance (city) side. You can simply follow the signs with the suitcase symbol and then enter the tunnel marked ‘bagage’ next to the staircase up to platform 2.
Around Amsterdam Central there are a few map boards which give an overview of the station layout. However the location of the luggage lockers is not immediately obvious. Here is an image of the map where we have highlighted the lockers in green.
There are 2 sizes of lockers available – small lockers (90cm deep x 45cm high x 40cm wide) which should suffice for standard size luggage and large lockers (90cm deep x 60cm high x 40cm wide) suitable for bigger suitcases.
Current costs for a 24 hour rental are €7 for a small locker and €10 for a large locker. Higher rates apply for the period 24-72 hours.
Beware that there are penalty charges to be paid if you don’t collect your luggage within 72 hours. This includes a €70 recovery charge from lost property.
How to Rent a Locker at Amsterdam CS
* Find an empty locker, place your things inside and shut the door – an indicator light turns red.
* You then pay for the first 24 hours at one of the automatic pay terminals found between the lockers. These accept Dutch PIN cards, Maestro plus Mastercard and Visa credit cards. Note – they do not take cash.
* On payment your locker automatically locks and you should get a ticket receipt with your locker number. Double check that your locker is locked.
* Don’t lose the ticket as you need it to access your locker when you come back. There is a €10 charge if you lose it.
* When you come back to collect your luggage put your ticket in the slot of the pay terminal and it will check if any extra charge is required. On payment (or if within 24 hours) the locker opens automatically – and your locker rental is over.
Tips: When closing the locker make sure you have everything you need with you as once it’s locked that’s it. Your rental expires once you open the locker door!
Also, if you need multiple day storage then it is cheaper come back each time and pay for separate 24 hour periods.
Opening hours: 0500-0100; cases may be screened by security.
Remember that most hotels will store your bags for you after check-out if you are departing later in the day.
Left Luggage Amsterdam: other services
You can find an alternative luggage storage service just opposite Amsterdam central station called Drop&Go. It is located on Prins Hendrikkade near the large St Nicolaas church – 1 minute walk from the station. Note the facility is nextdoor to the Batavia cafe, on a souterrain (underground) level.
* Luggage storage – Drop&Go charges a daily rate of €4 for small laptop bag; €7 for a cabin or hand-luggage (max 55cm); €10 for large size luggage (suitcase/backpack, 55-70cm); €15 for larger odd-sized items (such as surf boards, ski bags etc greater than 70cm). You will get a receipt which you must produce when collecting your bags.
* There is the possibility for charging electronic devices, printing out boarding passes and weighing luggage.
* Key pick-up location for some Amsterdam appartment rentals.
Drop&Go Amsterdam (dropandgo.nl) is open daily between 0900 and 2200. The address is Prins Hendrikkade 86 (souterrain level), next door to the Batavia cafe. Telephone: +31(0)20 2233648.
Drop&Go also has a second location at Ferdinand Bolstraat 147 in De Pijp district.
Lock provides a very similar service and charges €5 for small size hand-luggage (max 55x35x25cm), €8 for medium size luggage (suitcase/backpack) and €10 for larger items.
It also offers free WiFi, boarding pass printing facility, luggage weighing and key service.
The address is Nieuwe Nieuwstraat 28A, a side street connecting Nieuwendijk with Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal, about 500m walk from Amsterdam Central Station. Telephone: +31(0)6 24559733