The Designer Outlet Roermond is a fashion outlet mall located near the Dutch-German border in the south of the Netherlands. Run by McArthurGlen, the mall has around 150 branded stores and offers discounts of 30%-70% off the retail price.
Netherlands isn’t generally renowned for discount shopping and bargain basement prices. It’s no surprise that the Designer Outlet Roermond has become popular with those seeking brand bargains and the chance to visit stores not normally available on the local high street.
The location is in the small city of Roermond in the province of Limburg. Whilst that may seem a strange choice, the catchment area includes the likes of Eindhoven and Maastricht in the Netherlands, Mönchengladbach, Düsseldorf and Cologne in Germany plus Liège, Brussels and Antwerp in Belgium.
The outdoor mall is smartly designed and features international fashion labels and brands. These include the likes of Adidas, Armani, Benetton, Burberry, Desigual, Diesel, Dolce & Gabbana, Ermenegildo Zegna, Gant, Gucci, Guess, Hugo Boss, Michael Kors, Nike, Prada, Puma, Ralph Lauren, Timberland… the list goes on.
The main focus is on clothes, shoes and sportswear; you will also find stores from Black & Decker, Samsonite, Tumi and Villeroy & Boch.
- We have visited a few times during weekends and mall can get very busy. The busiest stores were Polo Ralph Lauren and Michael Kors. Try to arrive early in the day or visit during the week.
- Many of the stores are quite compact in size. The biggest stores on site are Adidas, Burberry, Hugo Boss, Mustang, Nike, Polo Ralph Lauren, Prada, Puma and Reebok.
- There are a few café/restaurant options including La Place, an Italian trattoria, an Asian restaurant and fast-food outlets. Free WiFi is available.
- Non-EU visitors can get VAT refunds when leaving the Netherlands. The mall is particularly popular with Asian visitors.
- Designer outlet malls tend to sell last season/end-of-line items; you should be aware that some retailers do manufacture special (and cheaper) lines just for outlets.
The Designer Outlet Roermond mall is open 363 days per year (only closed on Dec 25 and Jan 1). Regular opening hours are 1000-2000 (Mon-Fri) and 0900-2000 (Sat & Sun).
How To Get to Roermond by Public Transport
A Dutch Railways (NS) Intercity train service operates half-hourly between Amsterdam and Maastricht (via Utrecht, Den Bosch and Eindhoven). From Amsterdam the one-way journey takes about 1 hour 50 minutes. From either Eindhoven or Maastricht the journey to Roermond takes 30 minutes.
The outlet mall is about 10-15 minutes walk from Roermond station. Come out of the station, cross the road and walk over the Stationsplein square. Follow the signs to the “Designer Outlet”. The walking route takes you through the picturesque city centre and includes passing the Roermond Minster (Munsterkerk), Market Square and St Christopher’s Cathedral. Finally, take the underpass and bear right past the city council offices and you arrive at the outlet mall.
When walking back you could consider taking a short detour from the cathedral to the Roerkade riverside area.
Flixbus has direct coach services from Germany (Dortmund, Düsseldorf and Essen) to Roermond. Click here to book. There are also mall shuttle buses running during the weekends from Düsseldorf and Cologne stations.
McarthurGlen has plans to expand the site in the near future.
Designer Outlet Roermond, Stadsweide 2, 6041 TD Roermond
T: +31 (0)47 5351 777